MiConnect User Manual Android Platform
- 1. Introduction
- 2. Navigation
- 3. Home Page
- 4. Profile Manager
- 5. Menu Display
- 6. Trend Viewer
- 7. Operation Panel
- 8. FAQ
MiConnect Diagnostic Mobile App is a service support product, used to monitor and visualize the wind turbine's operation process through a park network connection on a mobile device. Limited control modifications are also included. The app connects to a controller directly or via the wind park network. MiConnect is designed to assist service officers who manage wind turbine operation at the site. The application is supported by Android platform and can be downloaded from Google Play.
- Profile Manager - enables the user to set a connection (by defining a set of IP addresses, logins and passwords) to particular targets and save it as individual profiles for quick access and turbine operation management.
- Menu Display - is a graphical user interface for the Controller Operation System and current applications running on the controller, which appears on your mobile device. The Menu Display enables the user to access application data through menu items. These menu parameters have been previously programmed by the developer. The menu items are available in read-only and read/write mode depending on the User Access Rights. Read/write mode allows the user to change various settings.
- Trend View - provides the user with an instant access to data, information on how the unit responds to all external and internal conditions and influences. The operation condition data is displayed in the form of linear graphs. It allows the user to monitor data changes of selected controller’s variables in real-time.
- Operation Panel - enables the user to view measurements of principal characteristics of the unit operation, which is visually displayed in a panel with the presented measurements. Data for these characteristics is retrieved and updated in real-time mode. The user can monitor overall system status, principal mechanical and electrical characteristics of the unit, power characteristics and weather conditions.
Android - the application requires at least Android 4.0 or later.
Technical characteristics of device:
Minimal supported screen size 800x480
RAM 512 Mb
|Tapping appropriate button is a basic navigation gesture in the application.|
|Alternating between the windows is usually done with swiping left-to-right, right-to-left and up-down.|
The navigation panel contains icons that correspond to the Menu Display, Trend View and Operation Panel. Tapping either one will navigate the user to desired window.
|Tap Back button to return to previous window or use standard hardware Back button on your device.|
Home page unfolds the functionality of the MiConnect App and gives the user access to profiles. The Home page on the app displays a list of available profiles and possibility to work in non-profile mode.
After installing your MiConnect App the Home page will appear as follows:
Non-profile mode is selected by default.
Note: Working in non-profile mode the user needs to specify IP control address and enter Login and Password, communication Port number for each session. Therefore profile configuration is recommended.
|As you see no profiles are currently configured. To configure profiles tap Add Connection Profile button. It will open to Profile Manager form.|
After you go through the procedure of profile configuration, the Home page will display the list of existing profiles:
To work in profile mode select profile by tapping on desired profile line. Selected profile is marked with orange circle.
Underneath the list of available profiles, the buttons for managing profiles are located:
|Add - Opens Profile Manager form, from where the user can add profile.|
|Edit - Opens Profile Manager form, where the user can edit profile.|
|Copy - Creates a copy of selected profile with all its settings, and adds it to the list of existing profiles.|
|Delete - Deletes selected profile.|
IP address box displays IP address of the target that corresponds to the selected profile.
From Home page the user can navigate to:
- Menu Display
- Trend View
- Operation Panel
Tap on corresponding buttons.
With Profile Manager the user can set the communication credentials for a desired target of monitoring, and configure the connection to a particular target and also save it as a profile for future quick access.
Profile is a preconfigured connection set consisting of:
- Controller IP address
- Menu Protocol
- Action Protocol
- FTP Connection login information.
Profile Manager can be accessed from the Home page by tapping on Add or Edit buttons.
Swipe down to see the whole list
You need to fill in a following set of credentials by tapping on corresponding line and typing in necessary information:
- Profile - Name and IP address of the target to which this profile will be assigned.
- Menu Protocol - Enter Login, Password.
- Active checkbox - If necessary, enable Menu Display for writing option by tapping this checkbox. Otherwise it will be in read-only state and no information may be edited.
- Action Protocol - Enter Login, Password and Port number.
- FTP Connection - Set File Transfer Protocol connection by entering Login and Password.
After completing editing or typing in credentials, tap:
- Cancel - to close Profile Manager form and return to Home page without any profile changes.
- Dismiss edits - to eliminate last edits.
- Save - to save your edits.
Menu Display contains all information about the unit (wind turbine) for convenient monitoring by the service officer and provides a possibility to modify some of its parameters and execute preconfigured commands.
On top of the Menu Display a red status line is located.
In the Main Menu items: menu categories and menu lines appear depending on the applications running on the controller.
Menu categories contain submenu, which may be accessed by tapping on a particular menu line. To step out of the category (fold current category) tap on the name of the category, which is always the first line in currently displayed menu. Or simply use hardware Back button of mobile device.
Navigation on the page is done through following buttons:
|Up arrow, moves to the next top item in the menu.|
|Down arrow, moves to the next bottom menu item.|
|Page up, moves to the next top 10 top items.|
|Page down, moves to the next bottom 10 items.|
For user convenience: to be able to display different categories of the Menu Display at the same time possibility of double-window state has been designed.
By tapping on icon, additional identical window of Menu Display appears. Tap on to close second window.
Double window state gives you access to different levels of menu lines at the same time, and thus optimizes your work process.
|The Menu icon navigates the user to active Menu buttons. Reset and Stop buttons are standard and appear at all times. The Stop option must be configured in the application to be functional. Buttons stored under More are user defined. This means that functions of these buttons must be previously configured by the user and can have different names assigned to them depending on the applications currently running on the controller.|
Menu Line Access
Application defines password levels for its menu lines. So individual user accounts may have different access levels, depending on which possibility to make modifications varies. Therefore, some menu lines might be grey, available for reading only. For more detail on access level consult OS User Manual.
Read/Write menu lines are black and their values can be edited by the user. Read-only lines are grey and display according information without possibility to assign a new value. The user may change parameters by tapping on them. Dialogue window opens where you can assign a new value.
Trend View displays monitored data with graphs based on constant acquisition of variable values. These linear graphs provide the user with visual representation of the turbine's operation and its respond to external and internal conditions in real-time. Trend view window displays the graphs corresponding to the selected channels. Up to 5 graphs may be displayed on a tablet and up to 3 on a smart phone.
On top of the screen you can see following buttons:
- Preferences - opens preferences form, from where the user can adjust view settings for the graphs.
- Channels - opens Channels list.
- Stop - stops real-time data logging from the channels. Consequently the graphs stop to be drawn.
After tapping the Preferences button, a dialogue box will appear where time interval and number of points need to be specified. After editing, tap Update to implement changes.
List of Channels
After tapping on Channels, a list form appears with channels available for Trend View/Data Logging and were predefined in Channel List file.
The initial list of Channels displayed in the MiConnect App is derived from Channel List (OS.prp) file, which was previously preconfigured in PEPTOOL.
Select the channels to be displayed by tapping on the corresponding checkbox, consequently orange checkmark will appear next to the channel name.
On the bottom of Channels list you can see following buttons:
- Add - Opens a dialogue box, where you can add a channel and assign variable to it.
- Disable all - Deactivates trend view for all selected channels.
- Apply - Activates selected channels for trend view. Consequently linear data graphs for active channels will appear in the Trend View window.
After tapping the Add button underneath the channel list, fill in the appropriate information:
- Name of the channel.
- VarDB name assigned to the channel.
Confirm your action by tapping Add, otherwise Clear the fields or Cancel adding channels.
In case of problems while connecting to controller through File Transfer Protocol, you will be notified with following messages:
- Incorrect Login or Password for loading controller channel list file. Try to login again with correct FTP credentials. Solution: Go to Profile Manager and enter correct Login and Password in FTP Protocol section.
- Connection for transferring controller channel list file failed. Try to reconnect. Solution: Unexpected connection problem occurred, try connecting again.
- Controller channel list file was not found. Please make sure that file is present on the controller. Solution: Channel file is missing, or is not located in destination folder. Open Log folder and check if OS.prp is present.
- Cannot parse controller channel list file. Please correct the file. Solution: The file contains some mistakes and requires editing.
Operation Panel is a set of gauges, progress bars and text boxes that report on a unit's operation state. Parameters, which measurements are being displayed, must be previously configured by the user in PEPTOOL Mobile Visualization Builder. Otherwise, default layout will be used. The list of Operation Panel parameters is stored in Layout.xml file in Controller- >Applets->Mobile folder. Mobile Layout can be modified using PEPTOOL Visualization Builder.
Operation Panel consists of a set of User Panels. The user has an option to include or exclude Operate State panel. The set of controls on this panel is fixed and defined according to units type. The user cannot adjust the Operation Panel.
Operation state measurements on operation panels are presented in three visual forms: gauges, progress bars and text boxes.
Regions, where values exceed the limit, are marked with orange-red gradient on gauges and progress bars, signaling warning.
If any gauge, progress bar or text box appears as inactive element (greyed-out) that indicates that the measurement is not properly linked to variable in data base or connection to individual element cannot be resolved due to item configuration error, therefore data for this element is not retrieved.
Operate State panel is a defined set of measurements chosen to be displayed for certain type of automated unit (as wind turbine, for example). The user may configure to include or exclude this fixed panel from his operation panel. When present, fixed panel is located on the left side of the screen and cannot be minimized.
On user panel controls are usually grouped in sections pre-configured by the user.
Display options regarding control sections are:
|Minimizes user panel.|
|Maximizes user panel.|
Note: When a panel with a group of gauges is minimized, in this case main value of the group of measurements will be displayed in its caption.
|Moves section up.|
|Moves section down.|
Note: When working on a smart phone to hide Operate State panel, and get the full view of User Panels swipe from right to left . Swipe in opposite direction to return to Operate State panel.
In case of problems while connecting to controller through File Transfer Protocol, you will be notified with following messages:
- Incorrect Login or Password for loading controller panel layout file. Try to login again with correct FTP credentials. Solution: Go to Profile Manager and enter correct Login and Password in FTP Protocol section.
- Connection for transferring controller panel layout file failed. Try to reconnect. Solution: Unexpected connection problem occurred, try connecting again.
- Controller panel layout file was not found. Please make sure that file is present on the controller. Solution: Channel file is missing, or is not located in destination folder. Open Log folder and check if OS.prp is present.
- Cannot parse controller panel layout file. Please correct the file. Solution: The file contains some mistakes and requires editing.
- How to connect to the controller? In order to connect to the controller, the user needs to define its IP address and set login and password, port information through the Communication Manager. For more information refer to Section 6. Profile Manager.
- Which controller types are supported by MiConnect? The app supports all WP4200 Mita-Teknik controllers.
- Why are some gauges at operation panel disabled (greyed-out)? They are disabled because link with variable is not resolved, thus data is not acquired. This due to some configuration error.
- Why are there no channels at Trend View panel? It means that no channels were defined in Channel List (OS.prp) file. To learn how to add channels, consult Section 6. Trend Viewer.
- Why can’t I edit menu line values? There are two reasons: You might have logged in as inactive user. To activate your profile tap on Edit Profile and tap Active checkbox under Menu Protocol in Profile Manager. Or Menu line cannot be edited and is permanently in read-only mode. User with higher access rights can be logged in simultaneously. In this case the OS will
block the current one from obtaining the active rights.
- How can I buy full version of the app? To buy the MiConnect Diagnostic Mobile App, visit AppStore or Google Play according to platform supported by your mobile device.
- Why do I see different Menu Lines configuration on the mobile device and my web browser or Gateway? It depends on the user’s access level. For more information about access levels consult OS User Manual.
- How can I speed up my application? The user may speed up the performance of application by reducing the size of Channel List file and reduce the number of User Panels in the operation pane setup.
- How can I edit the Operation Panel layout? Operation Panel layout cannot be changed inside the application from the mobile device. User Panels may only be moved. Operation Panel layout may be edited using Visualization Builder in PEPTOOL. For more detailed information consult Section 7. Operation Panel and PEPTOOL User Manual.
- Can I open Controller Visualization Applet that I can see on WP405X Remote Displays on my mobile device? No. Visualization Applets demand having Java-powered web browser and is not supported by Android or iOS.
- Why do I lose Wi-Fi connection to Controller? In case of Internet-less Controller Wi-Fi Network, some versions of mobile operation system may automatically switch the connection to Cellular (Mobile) Data without asking user’s permission. This is due to various reasons such as background mobile applications update requests for which Internet connection is necessary. This way device will exit Controller Wi-Fi Network and therefore lose the connection with a turbine. The solution: disable the Cellular (Mobile) Data option in mobile device connection settings. Leave only Wi-Fi connection enabled. This way your device will remain in Controller Wi-Fi Network and the connection with a turbine will maintain.